Android developers have shown their prowess in the advancement of handset technologies in recent years. They have come up with some software stack and key applications for mobile devices.
The New Era in Android Applications
The starting point of all achievement is desire. Android app developers have shown so much zeal in ensuring that their application is downloaded by millions of Android device users. The Android developers have come up with a place where they meet, share and discuss the latest on Android app development. Software development is not always enough for a developer; they need to test the application to see its workability. Beta testing is the second phase of software testing in a software development program in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out.
Google recently gave more Android app developers the ability to reach best early adopters who are willing to try their apps before they are publicly launched. Google have set up a section in the Google App Store called – “Early Access” where users could download applications that interest them.
The move by Google to expand tremendous access to its Early Access beta testing program have been a huge relief because this has allowed many Android app developers including those without active user accounts to enroll users into beta tests right from the play store landing pages.
Google made it easy by setting up easy ways on how developers without active accounts can have beta services. They set up procedures on how to do it:
- Open beta – use of public beta allows a person to scale to a large number of testers and one limit the maximum number of users who can join.
- Closed beta using email address – Developers can restrict users who can get access to their beta using lists of individuals email addresses which can be added individually or upload as a CV file and they will be able to join their beta via a link.
- A closed group with Google+ community or Google group – Developers can move closed betas to an open beta while maintaining their existing testers.
Sign up processes introduced by Google for Android developers that will allow them to nominate their Apps for considerations. In so doing, it has provided tips for developers that will make the Google Play Store users open their beta titles and installed:
- Testing with small groups of more trusted testers than to expand their trials to a larger group of testers.
- Using Google Consumer Surveys to conduct market search and gather user feedback at scale.
Early Access has enabled users to discover a varied number of interesting applications to download and have been high for users who like beta testing Apps and games. Google has increased the availability of many soft wares in providing a preview and possibly creating some buzz for the final product. Google should maintain these trend which will ensure the final product are of quality. A customers’ feedback is enough to ensure a developer improves the application which becomes a benefit to the Google Play Store users.