After the successful launch of its new Operating System, Android P, Google has come forward with the release of another app SDK (Software Development Kit) better known as the Google Flutter.
Well, it is a beta version of UI framework and an open-source platform which would assist the developers to develop native apps for Android as well as iOS platforms.
The most interesting point is that the developers will be able to create the apps with just a single coding process and the compiling can be done directly on the native processor architecture code. It has got permission to access API of both Android and iOS OS.
Google had initially introduced the Flutter in May 2017, a year ago at the Company’s I/O developer conference. However, last year, we saw the launching of the Alpha version and now it’s the beta version that has made its appearance.
Therefore, even if you have got it installed, you can still get the Beta version. All you need to do is use the command- “flutter channel beta”.
If we talk about the key tools that flutter comprises of then, it includes flutter UI library and specifically designed widgets, which help to speed up the performance of interfacing resources and integration options to Android and iOS app developers.
Another major component is the flutter engine. This beta version of UI framework is basically based on the Dart Programming language, which has already made its mark worldwide.
The Features of Google Flutter
- Since we are wholly concentrating on the Google Flutter, it becomes imperative to know what new things the app developers would come across here. To begin with, the previous version of Flutter launched last year only supported a single Android platform and was known as the Sky. However, its new beta version will assist both iOS and Android app developers.
- Google has made it more flexible, expressive providing highly scalable set of widgets. The animation tools have been further improved and it has also got layered architecture. It offers you a huge support for the creation of customized interfaces with unique themes and priorities according to your needs.
- Flutter has also been equipped with native ARM (Advanced RISC Machines) code. This is one of the most helpful elements specifically for the new startup ventures and those involved in tech business. You will be able to execute your ideas more easily and take gain maximum benefit from it for your further projects.
- In the new Flutter version, you would also come across a feature known as the Hot Reload. With the help of this tool, you get an access to a wide range of widget set along with working on the dynamic interface with ease.
- Flutter has high effective portable GPU rendering UI power that allows it work on latest interfaces. It is known for its productivity and runs within an interoperable platform.
- Google has also added an extra feature using which the developers can localize their apps. It allows them to get used internationally as well. The good news is also that Google Flutter will readily support Apple’s new OS version iOS 11 and iPhone X.
- Using Google Flutter the app developers will be able to insert flutter into their apps on WebView component. This feature will make it easier for the users to view the web content within the mobile apps. Moreover, navigating and stabilizing the apps would become simple.
- Yet another significant visible improvement in the Google Flutter is extending support for formatting the pictures, the inline videos etc. The apps get better than ever before.
- Even after the absence of visual designer feature, the app designers have something to smile about. This is because they can easily design a responsive UI. All that needs to done is to install the basic components as per the needs of the platform and then add Flutter SDK as well as Flutter Doctor to examine the dependencies.
- The Google Flutter is also supportive for an extensive array of IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) that include Xcode, Visual Studio Code and Android Studio. The developers can get the latest beta version and test it to check if everything is right.
Other New Features or Improvements in Google Flutter
So, we talked about some of the most important and exciting features of Google Flutter that is going to be a boon for the app developers and designers. However, there are few other essential features that can also be discussed in the same forum:
- We know that Android app developers mainly use Kotlin or Java language for coding the apps, whereas iOS developers use Swift or Objective C for the same purpose. The point is that Flutter will allow the developers to reuse the codes within the framework.
- The APIs have been much more improved for providing better navigation.
- You can embed Flutter into the existing applications.
- It has been provided with a smaller core engine.
- You get the extra support for Google’s Firebase development platform.
How Flutter will Prove Beneficial for the Mobile App Development
The mobile app development business is one of the fastest moving and flexible industries around welcoming new technologies with full extended arms. It is ready to accept the new and current trends prevailing in the market and the same is going to happen with the Google Flutter as well.
We have already discussed how Google Flutter is going to be a handy asset for the app developers; whether Android or iOS. So, let’s move on further to see how this Software Development Kit (SDK) will fuel the app development business:
Will Make the App Development Faster
Google Flutter is supporting both Android and iOS; which means that it will make the Cross Platform App Development easier. So, you can give a new life to your app irrespective of whichever platform you choose.
You have to consider it for developing the native platforms; the reason it allows you to customize widgets and create an enriched native interface. It comprises of highly productive rendering engine to draw the widgets. There is no use of WebView in a device.
You Get the Eye-Catching User Interface
The impressive and eye-catching user interface has always been a facelift for the mobile application. Now, using Flutter, you can surely expect to get natural and seamless designs for your apps. It has got Material Design for Android and iOS widgets or Cupertino for iOS apps to help developers create highly responsive apps.
Furthermore, it eases out the stress through less coding and changes made in the interface. Thus, your apps turn out to be user-friendly and easily navigational where scrolling becomes fun.
Accessible Native Features and SDKs
The Google Flutter also makes your experience better through native codes, platform APIs and third-party integration. Moreover, you also get an easy access to native features and SDKs on both the platforms. You can reuse the popular programming languages for Android and iOS such as Kotlin or Swift.
Functional and Reactive Framework
Google has given Flutter a highly effective tool in the form of platform layouts for building unique UI designs. In addition to that, you also get flexible APIs for showcasing all your imaginative power in 2D and other animations.
The functional and reactive framework allows developers to incorporate their productivity and skills rightfully. The Dart Syntax language which resembles like Java or Swift also offers benefit like the support of rich library.
Go as you like Attitude
With Flutter, the developers can step ahead with the project with a Go as you like attitude as it provides the freedom in development. The thin layer of C or C++ allows them to make alterations, remove or substitute the animations, gestures, widget frameworks, object oriented language and so on with great ease. The developers can take control with an easy approach to app creation.
Integration in App Development
The Flutter also provides you an access to all the tools as well as libraries that helps to integrate your app idea into the right direction whether iOS or Android. As such you don’t need any experience for it as it is based on ease of app development. It helps in reusing your codes.
Google has indeed introduced the Flutter Beta version with the motive that it wants to ease out the process of app development. At present, the tech giant is still in process and working on an open-source mobile OS Fuchsia, written in Flutter. But only time will tell, whether it proves better than React Native or not.
So, enjoy app development with a much faster rate and enhance your UI development skills more.