The benefits were quick and exciting and Node.JS became the most advantageous environment for custom web development.
In this blog, you will get to know about the best Node.JS frameworks that will dominate the web development field in 2020 depending on speed, ease of use, popularity, complexity, and community support.
Before discussing them, let’s have a brief idea of what a Node.JS framework is!
Node.JS Framework: In Brief
Node.JS framework combines tools, helpers, and libraries that provide a scope of making and using web apps easily. A Node.JS framework creates the base layer for developing a web application.
Like any web framework, the most crucial elements of the Node.JS framework are its architecture and features like assistance for security, compatibility with other libraries, flexibility, and customization.
Top Node.JS Frameworks to Rule In 2020
Now, let’s take your look at the top Node.JS frameworks to dominate in 2020!
Github Stars: 48.2k
This is a web-socket architecture that can be used by different programming languages.
In Node.JS, Socket.io allows building web socket apps such as dashboard APIs, score tickets, chatbots, and others. It has great benefits over the regular Node.JS web app frameworks.
Primary features of Socket.io are the following:
- Assists multiplexing, anomaly detection, auto-correction, etc.
- Binary streaming
- Real-time analytics
- Can manage servers that don’t assist HTTP 1.1
- Smooth socket authentication
- Simple socket handling
- Auto-creation of identifiers for all sockets
- The capacity of customizing URL routing for web sockets
Github Stars: 46.4k
Express is a unique and small framework for Node.js web development that helps developers develop desktop and mobile apps at a quicker speed, with lots of combined features to make scalability and speed the main priority.
Since Express is lightweight, it goes perfectly with numerous free modules accessible from the NPM public module database.
In addition to this, Express has an incredible API and intentional functionality intends to assure the best performance without comprising the functionalities of Node.JS.
Basic features of Express.JS include:
- Assists more than 14 templates and provides incredible performance.
- Unique API and quick I/O for making smooth routing.
- Seamless setup of middleware for responding to HTTP requests.
- Features Model-View-Controller for helping develop eccentric apps.
- Simple to understand
Github Stars: 41.5k
This is an easy full-stack Node.JS framework for building web and mobile apps. It is compatible with desktop, web iOS, and android.
Meteor.JS can serve big projects like Reaction Commerce that is one of the most famous and largest eCommerce open-source projects.
Have a look at the key features of Meteor.JS:
- Eliminates the requirement for updating mobile applications
- Support for sync catchphrases
- Seamless integration with Mongo, Vue, Angular, React, etc.
- Similar code for different devices
- A few lines of code needed
- Lightweight structure
- Potential sharing of similar APIs on the client and server-side components.
Github Stars: 28k
Koa is another major Node.JS framework formed by the engineers of Express. It uses ES2017 async capacities. This is considered a tinier, increasingly stronger, and more expressive framework to develop APIs and web apps.
Koa does not package a middleware inside the center. Hence, the middlewares are progressively streamlined and every code line is granular and rich. Similarly, it considers you for structuring the parts the way you require.
Basic features of Koa.JS incorporate:
- Removes messy codes
- Quicker coding
- Restricts the usage of callbacks to improve error management
- More options for customization
- Lightweight architecture
- Reasonable coding experience
Github Stars: 22.1k
Nest utilizes Express.JS and provides an unusual app architecture that allows for the easy development of easily maintainable, loosely paired and highly scalable and testable apps. Developers can use Nest CLI for developing Nest.JS apps with different features.
Different features of Nest.JS include:
- Nest CLI unlocks great features
- Features of Express.JS
- Easy frontend development on AngularJS as both Angular and Nest use TypeScript.
- It offers a modular structure for arranging codes methodically.
- Better trustworthiness due to TypeScript.
Github Stars: 21k
This is another real-time MVC web development Node.JS framework created on Express. It builds the latest, data-driven style of APIs and web apps. Sails.JS can develop an API bookstore.
For instance, it provides some important blueprints, so you don’t require composing any code. Also, Sails is good with nearly all frontend technologies increasing from Windows Phone, Java or Android, Angular, React, and so forth.
Fundamental features of Sails.JS include:
- Easy management of HTTP requests
- Assists Socket.io
- Extremely compatible with frontend website building platforms
- Provides ORM (Object Rational Mapping) to offer usage of all databases
- Smooth integration of middleware
- Fast object modules development utilizing frontend
- Simple project template creation
Github Stars: 13k
This is another famous Node.JS framework that features a dynamic API explorer and an easy-to-use CLI.
Additionally, it allows you to build models that depend on your schema. This Node.JS framework is compatible with several REST services and an extensive range of services incorporating Postgres, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
Main features of Loopback.JS incorporate:
- Assists a good number of databases
- Features model-relation-support
- Add-ons for third-party login, file management
- Can run on a cloud also
- Simply connect devices and browsers to data
- Structured code
- Better documentation for faster development
Github Stars: 11.9k
Hapi is a trustworthy and stable Node.JS framework. This Node.JS REST framework used to build REST (Representational State Transfer) APIs.
Hapi provides an incredible capacity for building a server with great features like onPreHandler on a particular IP. This is why it is known as the most favorable option for the Node.JS server framework.
Other features that make Hapi a suitable Node.JS framework include third-party plug-ins support, authentication, caching, and I/O validation.
The best part of this framework is that this is the single framework that doesn’t base on outside assistance and provides completely centralized control over every code line.
Basic features of Hapi.JS include:
- Develops real-time chat apps
- Can be operated with Postgres, MongoDB, and MySQL for building static sites
- Smart and quick
- Effective error management
- Availability of Plug-ins like the travelogue, boom, yar, tv, catbox, and joi
- Comprehensive API reference
- Scaling architecture based on plug-ins
- Seamless control over request managing
- Input authentication, validation, and caching made simple
- Smooth document creation
Github Stars: 7.4k
This is another high-on-demand Node.JS web app development framework that is not just easy to use but also consistent with good looking syntax.
Additionally, this MVC framework provides a constant ecosystem for writing server-side and stable web apps from the beginning.
Basic features of Adonis.JS include:
- Makes effective SQL queries
- The structure is similar to Laravel
- Simple to learn and modify
- Seamless data handling from databases like SQLite and Postgres
- Stable ecosystem for saving time
Github Stars: 4.5k
Derby is a full-stack, open-source Node.JS web app framework that depends on the MVC structure. This framework is considered as ideal for developing collective apps. Using Derby.JS, you can develop both quality mobile and web apps.
Derby provides you data synchronization between your client and server using an automatic conflict resolution. Moreover, it permits the scope to add custom codes for developing highly productive web apps.
Basic features of Derby.JS incorporate:
- Auto conflict resolution
- Real-time custom web development
- Works on both server-side and client-side scripts
- Different editing options
- Self-regulating time to enable multi-users in a similar app
- Simple data-time sync between databases, servers, and browsers.
Github Stars: 4k
This is a highly fast Node.JS web app framework that needs little assistance. It provides constant scaling progress and incredible performance in terms of app development.
By now, the Total.JS group has spent some effort on trying to acquire super-premium sponsors for going alongside them. This signifies that they are planning to maximize and adding extra features.
Fundamental features of Total.JS incorporate:
- Community chat
- Supports different databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Consists of lots of pre-developed components for smooth and fast development
- Fast prototyping
- Permits front-end development to React, Ember, and Angular platforms
- Makes real-time responsive applications
- Features modular code structure and provides features like SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) system, image processing tool, etc.
- It contains the NoSQL database included to provide effective project development.
Github Stars: 1.3k
This full-stack framework enables developers to extend mobile and desktop apps with reusable elements.
There is an integrated library also for handling all your app logging requirements. This Node.JS framework intends to provide a developed collection of unobtrusive, decoupled tools that can operate independently and in unison.
It targets to promote sustainability and code organization by separating development concerns clearly.
Top features of Flatiron.JS include:
- Contains a multi-transport async logging library for Node.JS
- Comes with a plugin manager that offers lightweight app extensibility
- Features a modern hybrid streaming/buffered middleware kernel backward compatible with connect.
- A storage agnostic resource-oriented object for documenting mapper for creating data models with sanitization and validation
- A quick, easy to use, DSL free, unobtrusive templating tool
- An easy tool to direct traffic depending on URLs that are received on the server and browser.
Github Stars: 1k
Keystone is an extensible, flexible, lightweight, and open-source Node.JS full-stack framework designed on MongoDB and Express.
It was created to make database-driven APIs, apps, and websites. Moreover, it supports session handling, form processing, database creating blocks, and dynamic routes.
Basic features of Keystone.JS include:
- Assistance for other applications and frameworks like WCF, ASP.NET, JSP, etc.
- Consistent management to the progress of development
- Seamless integration with online platforms like Google Places, Mandrill, Cloudinary, etc.
- Assists form processing, blocks, and dynamic routes, thereby enabling smooth development of apps and websites.
- Easy to handle, customizable, and incredible UI.
Github Stars: 376
Diet.JS is a small modular Node.JS that develops scalable and quick apps and APIs. Utilize the host controller for controlling several hosts and the router for developing clean URLs and APIs immediately, integration of Node.JS response and request objects.
Middleware permits to maximize your APIs and apps with modules, very light in weight for the utmost outputs. This is an open-source framework that permits you to become a contributor whenever you prefer.
Fundamental features of Diet.JS are as follows:
- Very tiny, only ~550 sloc
- 404 routing with app.missing
- Nonparallel error management with app.error routes
- Assistance for ES6 Generator Controllers/Middlewares
- Footer and header routes for more improved global middleware structuring
- MVC assistance
- Middleware assistance
- Easy and Semantic routing with app.post and app.get and other processes
- Response and request integrated into the signal.object($)
- Created for virtual hosting
Choosing the best Node.JS framework relies on the type of web app or site you want to develop. The aforementioned Node.JS frameworks can give you a structure you want to use.
If you are a business and want to stay ahead in the competition in 2020 by building a Node.JS based mobile or web app for you, consider any of the above-mentioned frameworks to make your dream come true.
FAQs About Node.JS Framework
Node.js offers many benefits for web app development like easy scalability, easy to learn, high performance, highly extensible, support of the large and active community, and many more.
The top Node.JS frameworks are Socket.io, Express.JS, Meteor.JS, Koa.JS, Nest.JS, Sails.JS, Loopback.JS, Hapi.JS, Adonis.JS, Derby.JS, Total.JS, Flatiron.JS, Keystone.JS, and Diet.JS.