However, with the emergence of React.js in 2014, the Angular development team had to face a staunch competition from its opponent. Therefore, the team decided to revamp the framework and launch Angular 2 with a wide spectrum of features that supported the development of web applications for both mobile and desktop.
Top Reasons To Choose AngularJS
- The Two-Way Data Binding
- DOM Manipulation
- A comprehensively featured framework with best tested defaults
- A strong and long-term support from Google
- Support of the large community base
- Support of PWAs and built optimizer to improve integration of Material Design
It is written entirely in React and has the capability of developing traffic-generating web applications. The enhancement in popularity can be indicated from the fact that its contributors on the GitHub have already exceeded 1000.
In MVC (Model View Controller), it is known as the V, seamlessly integrating with any architecture. This is where React JS has got its strength. It allows the rendering of both the client and server side so that they can work simultaneously.
The presence of virtual DOM is another asset for the React.js as it supports the rendering of the sub-trees of the nodes that actually change. It lets the developers to write codes as if the whole page is getting rendered on each of the changes.
Why Should You Choose ReactJS?
- Provides an Easy learning curve
- Virtual DOM offers better UX and improves performance
- The components can be reused
- Stable code due to one-direction flow of data
- Open-source library encourages contributions
- Render React on the server side
- React fits well with any other framework as it is only view layer
But when you have a much closer look at it, you would come to know that actually it is the blend of the features combining Angular and ReactJS. It was introduced in the market with this aim and concept only.
If we talk about its similarity with the React JS, then Vue.js also asks the developers to store the component logic and layout besides the style-sheets in one file. Another likeness with React JS is the use of props and state objects.
Having said that if you are not familiar with either AngularJS or ReactJS, you won’t be able to work with Vue.js and the choice of a probable framework would become very tricky.
However, there is another good reason why Vue is gaining the spotlight. It is due to the presence of Redux library, which helps in developed complex and large-scaled application.
In fact, this is one area where Vue excels over React as you have to devote a lot of time in making even the smaller changes.
Vue is a good option to choose over Angular as well as the latter is a very difficult language due to its full-fledged framework with restrictive environment.
Why You Need to Use Vue.js?
- Vue.js has a small size
- Easy to understand and develop
- Simple integration
- Comprehensive documentation
- Known for its flexibility
- Facilitates the two-way communication
The Ember.js makes use of the HTML and CSS as the main model of the development purpose and its routes and features are used for the management of the URLs.
Top Reasons To Choose Ember.js
- Known for providing high performance
- Has its own debugging tool known as Ember Inspector
- Two-way data binding
- Good documentation
- Well organized
- Faster development due to Ember CLI
It abstracts the data into models, DOM into views and binds the two with the help of events. It can help in designing single-page web applications and synchronizes the different parts of web applications.
Why Should You Choose Backbone.js?
- Develop front-end applications in a much easier way
- Automatic updating of the HTML of application when model changes
- Known to support versatile projects
- Support of large community base
- Syncing with the back-end
Each of the frameworks has their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Plus, you also have to look at their current versions, documentation, community support and ease of learning the language.