Gone are the days when doves used to deliver letters from one place to another. In this modern era, we have on-demand courier delivery service which is doorstep offered by the delivery guys.
Technology plays a pivotal role in changing our daily life and courier delivery app is evidence. Through this app, you can avail a doorstep courier delivery service and your packages, goods, and letters are delivered to the destination with great client service.
This delivery is not restricted to letters and files. You can deliver everything – from grocery to apparels. This service ensures timely and fast delivery where the client will get constant info regarding the progress.
A courier delivery ensures convenience to a great extent. And this is a high demand has increased for courier-delivery app. The global courier services market size was 299100 million USD in 2018 and it is expected to reach 464300 million USD by the end of 2025.
Different Business Models for a Courier Delivery App
Albeit every courier delivery application follows an individual business model, some of the famous options to ponder include:
1. Courier and Postal Service Applications
There are some apps which make use of mobile applications in courier and postal services. DPD and FedEx are two prime examples.
These two provide fully developed client admin panel which incorporated the capacity of making print labels and shipments for the packages.
2. Package Tracking Aggregators
Different data from all the carriers are assembled at a single place and just one app is needed for tracking every package, irrespective of the carrier.
Packages can be added manually utilizing its ID. Push notifications on the application keep users updated regarding all the delivery status.
3. Uber-like Marketplaces for Parcel Delivery
Among numerous ideas that Uber has launched to maximize its entire value, Uber for courier delivery services could become another promising income source for millions of drivers whom Uber has contracted and can supplement their driving with food delivery or courier delivery like UberEats.
It could offer a new angle for critics who claim the organization and can wrongly assign them as independent contractors thereby denying them of fundamental perks like minimum wages and health insurance.
Wherever the concept goes, Uber for courier delivery can be one of the trendiest results since the company’s push for going public next year.
Such Uber-like businesses and applications have on and off disarrayed conventional business models throughout different industries.
4. Branded Delivery Applications and Integrated Solutions
Mobile apps featuring order tracking capacities help few online retailers offer the total opportunity of the delivery. This helps them know whether the order is getting ready to dispatch, has been shipped, or is out for delivery.
Retailers often use the branded package delivery apps as a competitive benefit accounting to convenience and transparency to their clients.
Attributes That Specify Modern Courier Delivery Apps
- The courier delivery app should be user-friendly as any other app.
- Included with tracking and simple navigation in real-time with full control.
- Integrated with different payment gateway options.
- Should highlight details regarding what the vehicles are doing round-the-clock.
- It should have features to help users monitor the fleet in real-time.
- Handling the whole fleet proficiently.
- Provide more value to the clients.
- It is important to have sales order, mobile invoicing, costing, and inventory, cost estimates, sales reports on the field, and so forth.
- All activities and bookings record is saved in an online diary.
- This app features GPS to check the status of all details, drivers with an accurate location. These updates give the business the direct control of vehicles, empowering the organization for making better decisions and boosting client service.
- As evidence of successful product delivery, courier delivery app should capture time-stamped signature from all clients.
- This app enables handling routes for planning and optimizing every route in seconds to get successful delivery results.
- This type of app works both offline and online for preventing drivers to bear with a poor internet connection.
Necessitous Features of a Courier Delivery App
The must-have features of a courier delivery app incorporate:
1. Admin Panel
This is compulsory irrespective of every business model or application type with maximized access rights. It is compulsorily combined with third-party analytics tools for tracking app utilization and knowing about users’ behaviors.
Large-scale logistics applications have an extra option of combining with the current warehouse management system.
2. Courier Panel
- Sign in for Manager
- Courier Account
- A list of available orders
- Delivery status handling (either manually or automatically)
- In-app messaging (incorporating the capacity of contacting the client and discuss the delivery details with location and time)
- Entire order history
3. Customer Panel
- Register or log in through Google or social media account
- Profile of the customer
- Map View – order tracking
- In-app messaging
- Push notifications
- Integrated Payment Gateway
- Courier reviews and ratings
Cost Estimation of the Courier Delivery App Development
There are many factors on which the cost for the courier delivery app depends and varies according to the client requirements and needs.
Here are a few deciding factors which estimate the cost of the courier delivery app development:
- The app development agency which you hire for app design and development.
- Your mobile app development platform. It’s better to plan it on both the platforms to get success.
- The post-launch client service which you anticipate from the courier app development firm.
- The features which are to be included amid the courier delivery app building procedure.
- Whether you need an MVP or a completely developed application. This will incorporate just the fundamental features with a simple design which will handle the business.
Facts to Consider Before Delving Into the Courier Delivery App Development
Courier delivery services have a competitive benefit and even in case you have a rock-solid business plan, you will require providing the best client service by building a user-friendly app.
Moreover, you should offer pocket-friendly and quick services so you can score more than your competitors in all aspects.
1. Promote your app
Launching an app is not sufficient. Promote it aggressively so that people get to know about it before its introduction. Never let the first curiosity die down. Market your app via social channels and links.
2. Fulfill the local needs
Even if you dream big, start with small. Try your best effort in your local area because you know about the needs and demographics of your locality.
Recognize the target audience and make a great client relation so you can get awesome feedbacks which will help you boost and organize your business.
3. Feedback matter
Reviews and ratings help you see the backlogs in your client service. Take instant action on the client feedback. Never view the negative criticisms as a hindrance. Rather, consider it as a precious lesion in your client service.
4. Provide more offers
To attract clients for using your app, you can provide some lucrative offers. Think about what kind of offers can lure your target audience. And try with 2-3 different types of offers to see which would be the best effective and received.
5. Go for customized messages
Customized messages regarding discounts and offers immediately connect a customer to your app. Keep it restricted and not exactly to the point of making a client annoyed.
Courier delivery apps are highly popular and their craze will remain for long. While the developers of some famous courier delivery apps reap exceptional advantages, these apps also add lots of value to the local economy.
You can expect more services to be offered by these apps soon. However, the ever-changing market scenario presents hurdles which should be handled cautiously.
More than only business concepts or creativity, building this type of app needs a dedication toward technology, the related expertise, and skills.
In case you are planning on developing an on-demand courier delivery app, select a tech partner carefully since hiring the best team is the initial step towards developing an accomplished courier delivery application.
FAQs About Courier Delivery App Development
There is no exact answer to the cost of developing a courier delivery app as it depends on many factors like location of a developer, complexity of the design, total number of pages, features and functions, etc.
There are many factors to consider for figuring out how long does it take to develop a courier delivery app like development platform, the complexity of the design, app features, testing, etc. On average, it takes near 10-12 weeks to develop a courier delivery app.
Hiring the right developer for your courier delivery app is the most important part of the process. Google can suggest you many resources to hire a developer for your courier delivery app like Clutch, LinkedIn, Upwork, and AppFutura. But, the most trusted source is hiring an app development company like Mindinventory.